Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Answers for Says, Does, Thinks, Buzz

Examples:

I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman — he looks tough and I don’t -- but I guess my own looks aren’t so bad. p. 1      Thinks  


Didya catch ‘em? p. 12     Says

 I kept saving my money for a year, thinking that someday I could buy Mickey Mouse back for Soda. p. 40  Does

 “You don’t look old enough to be going to high school,. .   p. 23    Buzz and Says
_____________________________________

Tuff enough. Wait till I get out, though, so you can keep Darry off my back. p. 18    Says


 You ain’t a’woofin’, . p. 53   Says 



 Man, . .  ..  if I had worries like that I’d consider myself lucky. I know better now.  p. 36  Thinks




One time in biology I had to dissect a worm, and the razor wouldn’t cut, so I used my switchblade.  p. 15   Does



 It was Johnny I was worried about. p. 102      Thinks   Buzz?



Oh,no! No, Johnny, not my hair! p. 71   Says


 This church gave me a kind of creepy feeling. What do you call it? Premonition? p. 67  Thinks


I took a deep breath and kept my mouth shut.  p. 103   Does



 I had never thought about it. Everyone in our neighborhood, even the girls, smoked.
p. 97    Thinks




 I wasn’t about to go through that flaming door, so I slammed a big rock through a window and pulled myself in. p. 91      Does



You don’t ever think,. . . not at home or anywhere when it counts. You must think at school, with all those good grades you bring home, . . . but do you ever use your head for common sense? No sirree, bub.   p. 13   Buzz and Says 






Not even the rattling of the train could keep me awake, and I went to sleep in a hoodlum’s jacket, with a gun lying next to my hand. p. 62   Does


I swear, you three are the bravest kids I’ve seen in a long time. (Jerry) p. 95  Buzz and Says



I don’t know why I handed you that busted bottle. . .  You’d never use it.  p. 47     Buzz and Says

Darry wheeled around and slapped me so hard that it knocked me against the door.  p. 50   Does


You know,. . .  I never noticed colors and clouds and stuff until you kept reminding me about them. It seems like they were never there before.”  p. 78  Buzz and Says


 . . . the next thing I knew I had him [Darrell] around the waist and was squeezing the daylights out of him. p. 98    Does



Dally’s okay.  . . . He’d leave you alone if he knew you.  p. 26   Buzz and Says



I know.  . . . I’m just a little spooked, that’s all. p. 8     Says



Soda looks like your mother did, but he acts exactly like your father.   Buzz/Says