Announcements and Reminders for Wednesday/Thursday, October 4/5, 2017 :
Ms. Dorsey will be gone on October 4 to a special training for character education. Be especially well-behaved for our substitute teacher -- Mrs. Magleby.
Remember that your Book-of-the-Month is due next week -- Tuesday or Wednesday -- October 10 or 11.
Targets for Today:
Utah State Core -- Writing Standard 1
Support claim(s) with logical reasoning and relevant evidence, using accurate, credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
1. Pick up your composition books and papers for collecting evidence.
2. Individual, quiet reading time -- Read your own book-of-the-month book, or another book.
3. Continue collecting evidence with these class activities:
Collecting information often comes before deciding on a claim.
1. What should the charges be?
B5 and B7 are to this point on 10-3-17.
2. Collecting Evidence --- Guilty or not guilty -- on the board -- page number and at least key words from that piece of evidence. Silently!
Add anything new and helpful to your pink evidence sheets.
3. Hot Seat! Speaking the evidence with Explanation -- "hot seats" and the rest of us observe and add to our pink evidence sheets.
"Body" Organizer for an Argument Essay
Supplemental Materials:Other helps:
If You Were Absent: