Thursday, January 10, 2013

Imitate -- If this were. . . . .



"If this were a movie, I'd probably have to kill off my father in the first scene."
-- Paul Acampora, Defining Dulcie (2006)

Read and notice these imitations: 



If my dad were a TV star, he'd be Ward Cleaver in Leave It to Beaver.  He always had to help you see everything about your mistakes.  At least that's how it seemed to me.  
 -- Jeff Anderson's imitation. 

If my life were a broadway musical, my children would call it Mama Mia, some of my students would want to  call it Wicked, and I'd call it A Wonderful Life
-- Ms. Dorsey's imitation

Let's brainstorm some ideas, . . . 
If ___________ were a ____________
If ___________ were _______________

Then you can write a few sentences beginning with "If. . . . , . . . . "
In your composition book, 
Label it:   iWriteRight: "If" Sentences  February 21, 2013
Write several imitations.  Write at least five. Experiment! 

To This Sentence is an . . . . .

To AAAWWEUBBIS