iRead -- Basic 8 #3 Sign-up and read your book!
-- Optional field trip with permission slip*
Highly recommended horror/fantasy:
The House with a Clock in Its Walls
and The Dark Secret of Weatherend
by John Bellairs
and The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase
iWrite -- Argument Practice
If you missed school today do the following:
- Watch the video at the end of this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/vegan-is-love-book_n_1441699.html
- Pick up the handout for the writing assignment that goes with it and complete that here or at home.
- You could also watch the video and complete the writing assignment during cavetime.
iWrite-Right -- Sentence variety -- order, strength, length
If you missed school today do the following either in your composition book or on a piece of paper that you could tape into your composition book:
Select one of the sentences below and follow the directions:
Combine your set of short sentences and fragments into one sentence.
1. The tree fell on the house. This was a sycamore. Because of the high winds. But my grandmother wasn't hurt.
Combine your set of sentences using a coordinating conjunction (and, but, or, so, yet, nor).
1. Students have to park far from their classrooms. They are often late for class.
iLearn -- The Giver characters
Have you brought back your signature sheet?
Are you reading your Book #3?