Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Personal Narrative (Memory) Student Model

This still needs a bit of editing, but received more than full points.  

       It all started the night of July 5, 2018, at Bear Lake. The cousins, aunts, and uncles were all having a good time and enjoying the company while they waited for sunset. When the sun finally fell behind the mountain, everyone got ready for the firework show. I sat in my old green lawn chair by my many friends and family, and looked out across Bear Lake. The bright moon and stars reflected off the lake making it look smooth and shiny. The sweet sugary taste of s'mores still lingered in every body's mouth. In the back round, the crickets chirped loudly trying to be heard over the chattering, laughing, and quiet crackling of the fire. The occasional hum hums boats motor would pass in the dark of the night. A settle cold breeze would blow, rustling the massive three leaves and sending the smell of the cold night into our noses. Everyone was on the edges of their seats in anticipation, waiting for the fireworks to light up the night.

       According to the law, you can do fireworks twenty-four hours before and after the Fourth of July. However, what we didn't know was that law had changed at 12:01 am that morning. Any ways, moving on the the rest of the story. My uncle went down the small dirt slope to the lake, to light the fireworks. Everyone was laughing and joking about fireworks hitting the boats. Finally, it was time to begin. Five, four, three, two, one, "Boom!" The fireworks lit up the sky. Everyone craned their necks up to watch the show. Smiles formed on evone'sones faces as we watched the spectacular show. The first minute was great, but then something went wrong. The firework can tipped over and pointed at us. One shot out straight into the tree by me and my family. "What would happen next?" I thought. What felt like minutes was only seconds. "Kaboom!" The firework exploded in the tree almost hitting us. That's when everyone started yelling. "Protect the babies!" my step step momlaimed. "Cover your heads!" my uncle said in a very worried voice. I looked up, a firework shot over my head and over the cabin. "Take cover! Somebody yelled. I ran into our old cabin covering my head. I remember my four year old cousin Ethan, running in scared and crying. I sat and waited for a minute to make sure it is safe.

       I finally have the courage to leave the house, when I step out the door, a scene of caos erupts around me. One of my cousins is laying on the ground laughing. The loud sound of crying and scared kids probably woke up the nieghbors. A group of adults are talking to someone but can't see who because of the pitch black night. I go closer and find a man who was saying the law had changed this morning, and we were in big trouble. After going on and on we convinced him we didn't know, and weren't going to do it again. After many anxious minutes, the police left and so did the big pit in my stomach. When he drove away, doubt started to fill our minds. This man had no sign of being a police. His truck was a normal ford with lights glued on top of it. He had no uniform and was wearing normal clothes. This is probably the reasrelief didn't get a ticket, he couldn't give any. Sighs of relif and laughter spilled out of every bodys mouth. We all shared our side of the story and how we reacted. We were all going to be safe and have a good rest of the night, under one condition. No more fireworks!
                             -- Annie B.