Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dialogue Punctuation Check



1.   The teacher said   In this class there will be no talking, chewing, breathing, unnecessary eye movements, or tap dancing

2.  I questioned   Are you up on the furniture again  you bad dog   Get down now

3.  I just finished reading The Lost Hero   she remarked
     So what did you think of it    I asked
     It was excellent    she exclaimed
     I agreed    I loved it too 

4.  I wish today were Friday     she said     I’ve been looking forward to it for months now
     How come   he asked
     Because finally I’m supposed to get my braces taken off.   At least that’s what my orthodontist promised







Answer Key:  
1.   The teacher said,  "In this class there will be no talking, chewing, breathing, unnecessary eye movements, or tap dancing." 

2.  I questioned,  "Are you up on the furniture again, you bad dog?   Get down now!"

3.  "I just finished reading The Lost Hero,"   she remarked.
     "So what did you think of it??    I asked.
     "It was excellent!"  she exclaimed.
     I agreed,  "I loved it too." 

4.  "I wish today were Friday,"  she said.  "I’ve been looking forward to it for months now."
     "How come?"   he asked.
     "Because finally I’m supposed to get my braces taken off.   At least that’s what my orthodontist promised."

-->