Announcements and Reminders:
If you brought your completed registration, turn it in. There is a wire basket for the registration papers on Ms. Dorsey's desk.
You need your composition book!
Practice test today on Word Parts! Have you been studying your magical study guide?See the tab above for Vocabulary 2016-2017
Targets for Today:
I can read for enjoyment.
I can sometimes figure out unfamiliar words because I recognize word parts within the word.
I can read to understand, to recognize elements of literature, and to consider ideas.
You will need your composition book today.
1. Practice test on Word Parts! Have you been studying your magical study guide?
See the tab above for Vocabulary 2016-2017
2. Review of Point of View -- Point of View
What is the point of view for A Long Walk to Water?
3. Review of Plot Map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-uzJB9Bc9U Piper
(This animated short just won an Oscar!)
4. Theme? In your composition book, under Writing Prompts, write a paragraph explaining this theme from the short film Piper.
Conquering our fears can lead to major rewards.
5. Read the book, and work on your packet for A Long Walk to Water.
Study Packet for A Long Walk to Water.docx
If You Were Absent:
Point of View