Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Thesis Statement



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCzuAMVmIZ8


Topic:  My parents buying me a pair of new shoes
Question: Should my parents buy me a pair of new shoes __________________?

Reasons:
 I'm running out of summer shoes
newer shoes are more comfortable
my shoes are too small
my shoes are worn out
new shoes are healthier for my feet
I'm running track

Thesis Statement: My parents should buy me a pair of new shoes because my old shoes are worn out,  they're too small, and I'm running track.



Topic:  AF Junior dress code about  hats
Question: Should American Fork Junior High get rid of the part of the dress code about hats?

Reasons:  sometimes your hair is embarrassing
you should have the freedom to wear what  you want
to protect you from heat or cold



Thesis Statement:  American Fork Junior High should let students wear hats because you should have the freedom to wear what you want, sometimes your hair is embarrassing, and hats protect you from heat or cold.







Topic:  American Fork Junior High
Question: Why is American Fork Junior High a good place to go to school?

American Fork Junior High is a good place to go to school.

Reasons:
we are proud of being cavemen



Thesis Statement:






sample essay to write together

     topic: choosing which sort of dog to get as a family pet

What I want to say about it:  There are several important things to consider when matching a type of dog with an individual or family.

1.  How adorable they are
2. How intelligent they are
3. How big they are going to grow
4 what their personality is like
5. how much attention they need
6. how much it cost to keep
7. do you need a dog that can put up with little children

There are several important things to consider when matching a type of dog with an individual or family including how much time can you spend caring for the dog, how big a dog do you have room for,  do you have little children or other special circumstances in your family, and how much cost can you afford.


support each point
What details could you add?