Friday, December 6, 2013

Writing Titles


What Do You Do With Titles? 

Italicize These
major works such as
(When handwriting, underline them.)

Examples
books     
 I just finished reading Ender's Game.
plays  
The ninth graders are reading Romeo and               Juliet.
a TV series  
Do you watch Doctor Who? I do!
movies
I'm excited for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug  to come out on December 13. 
magazines 
I enjoy reading National Geographic.
Use Quotations Marks 
              ("  ") for These
smaller works such as 

poem   
Have you ever read "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout" by Shel Silverstein?
short story
We read "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi" in English class.
article
 In Junior Scholastic there was an article                        called "Fish Heads for Lunch?"
one episode from TV series
One of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who is "Blink."