Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Story Ideas

Ideas for Personal Narratives about Some of Ms. Dorsey's Experiences
(You will come up with ideas for narratives based on your own experiences.)

Story Ideas

One time my parents, my cousin, and I went on a picnic in the mountains. When we were ready to go home, the brakes on the car weren’t working, and we were at the top of a mountain.

Two of my daughters and I were on a cross-country trip. We were trying to drive through the night, and my one daughter and I were taking turns driving. She was driving while I slept in the back of the van. She stopped at a truck stop to get a hot chocolate. While she was gone, I woke up, and slipped out to go to the bathroom. She came back to the car, didn’t notice that I wasn’t there, and drove off.

When I was ten years old I was run over by a plow.

When I was twelve I was hit in the face with a baseball bat.

One day my teenage son came home with an earring in his earlobe.

I had just been married for a year or so, we lived in navy housing in Connecticut, my husband was gone most of the time working on a new submarine, and there had recently been news reports about a man who had been attacking women. One day I came back from shopping, walked into my bedroom, opened my closet, and there was someone there.

My family and I were living in San Jose, California in October of 1989, and experienced that big earthquake.

I was shopping on Center Street in Provo, Utah. I had found the perfect parking space, but a rude driver raced me for it and won. I was mad, but found another space and went into the store. Soon afterward, I heard crashing sound, and looked out the store window to watch a car careening down the road, crashing into parked cars, including the one in the space I’d wanted.