Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Thursday/Friday, May 10/11, 2018



Announcements and Reminders for Thursday/Friday, May 10/11, 2018:
                         
 Today!
Our SAGE Reading Test will be on May 10-15 -- Beginning today! 
Your phone will need a safe place while we are testing.  You may not have it with you while you are testing. 

Bring your own earbuds/headphones if you wish. 
You will need to use headphones. 

Come well-rested. 
Eat well, and drink enough water -- but not too much! 


Yeah, it's funny, but DON'T be a Calvin on the test!
Just for fun:  My daughter's friend posted this yesterday on Facebook.
"Just now, I looked over my shoulder and jumped when I saw a giant bug sitting there. It was about the size of an earbud on a pair of headphones! A half-second before yelling, jumping out of my seat, and flicking it off of my shoulder, I realized it was the earbud from my headphones."


May 23 is the last day to hand in late work, revisions, and 
extra credit. 

Your book project is due on May 16/17.  You will receive extra credit if you present early. 
See Required Reading/Book Assessments, April/May for more details.
We have 17/16 days of school left, including the hour or so on the last day.   




Don't forget to study your Latin and Greek word roots!  


Targets for Today:

I can show what I've learned about English Language Arts. 


Today’s  Agenda for Thursday/Friday, May 10/11, 2018:

If you need to, get a drink and use the bathroom. 

Are you as thirsty as if you'd spent a week in Jafar's cavern?  (That is an allusion to. . .












 the movie Aladdin.)

I will assign computers to you.





On the login screen, please enter your legal first name (not your nickname), your seven digit SSID [If you do not know your login information, see me.], and the Test Session ID I have given you into the appropriate areas. Then click the Sign In button.

  • Please review the information on the screen, making sure your name and the test you are taking is shown. 
  • If any of the information is incorrect, please raise your hand and I will help you; otherwise, select YES to continue. 
  • Then please select the ELA Reading test.

  • You will then be ready to take the ELA Reading test. This test is designed to measure your understanding of the Utah Standards for English Language Arts. 
  • Today’s testing session will go until about five minutes before the end of the period. 
  • If you do not finish during this testing session, you will be able to continue later, but will not be able to return to the questions you see during this session. 
  • I will let you know when there are about five minutes left in the session. 
  • On the next screen, you may scroll through a help page that describes how to use the SAGE software. You may return to that help page from any question by clicking on the “help” icon, which appears as a question mark in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
  •  If you find that you do not know how to use the system to enter your responses, please raise your hand and I will help you, but please remember that I will only show you how to use the system.
  • If you use a pair of headphones from the school, leave them at the desk and leave them plugged in to the computer.


If You Were Absent:

You will be provided with an opportunity to take the SAGE Test.  


Vocabulary:



 Help and Enrichment