Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Practice Recognizing Verbs by Changing the Tense




Verbs show TIME:  






Change the tense for each sentence to find the verb. 
If the sentence happened in the past, change it so it is happening now. 
If it is happening now,  change it so it happened in the past. 














1. My mom planted flowers along the front of the house.












2. My father made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch.











3. Grandma drinks juice in the morning instead of coffee.












4. The cows and pigs were resting in the barn.












5. My friends and I worked on the project together.












6. Lou irons his uniform before work every morning.












7. I woke up early on Saturday morning.












8. We helped my aunt cook a big pot of soup.












9. The birds were chirping in the trees by my bedroom window.











10. The astronaut walked on the moon.











You need to change this sentence in two places.  The second is NOT a verb. 
11. My teacher came to school on crutches last week.








You need to change this sentence in two places.  Both are verbs.
12. We had to climb the stairs because the elevator was broken.














13.  We went to see the play Wicked.













14.   Did you watch the game on Friday?


















15.   Which team will you cheer for?