Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Answers to Practice Recognizing Verbs by Changing the Tense

Change the tense for each sentence to find the verb. 
If the sentence happened in the past, change it so it is happening now. 
If it is happening now,  change it so it happened in the past. 


1. My mom plants flowers along the front of the house.   or is planting

2. My father
makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch.   or is making

3. Grandma
drank juice in the morning instead of coffee.  or is drinking

4. The cows and pigs
are resting in the barn.

5. My friends and I
work on the project together.   or are working

6. Lou
ironed his uniform before work every morning.   or is ironing

7. I
wake up early on Saturday morning.

8. We
help my aunt cook a big pot of soup.    or are helping

9. The birds
are chirping in the trees by my bedroom window.

10. The astronaut
walks on the moon.              or is walking

11. My teacher comes to school on crutches last week.   or is coming

12. We have to climb the stairs because the elevator is broken.