Monday, January 23, 2012

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Self-Starter:  Apostrophes -- Notice: What is the difference between Version 1 and Version 2?
Version #1
It's true.  I don't like her Christmas tree at all.
versus
Version #2
Don't even get me started about my Aunt Rose's Christmas tree.  First of all, it's aluminum.  Second of all, it's pink.  I mean, like the color of PeptoBismol, which makes sense, because I get sick to my stomach just looking at it. -- Neal Shusterman, The Schwa Was Here (2006)

_________________________________
This Is Just To Say
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.
      -- William Carlos Williams

Would you have. . . ?
Would you have forgiven the speaker in the poem for eating the plums you had been saving for breakfast? 
Would you have eaten the plums? 
Answer these two questions, then write until you have at least a half page, responding to any part or all of the poem. 


_____________________________________


Computer Lab -- Revise and finish essays/stories on MyAccess.

If you have extra time,
you could do research on the background of your historical fiction book.
(research handout)  

Historical Fiction Essay Research.docx

Historical Fiction Assess Literary Elements. A(1).docx


This is No-Name-Calling Week

 

Originally published 1/20/12