Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21/22, 2008

August 21/22, 2008
These are the things we're doing today to reach our current learning targets.
Student Target 1: I will be able to correctly spell, capitalize, and punctuate (where appropriate) the names of my teachers, counselor, and administrator.

Today I’ll practice for my first spelling test teachers’, counselor’s, and administrators’ names.
Students practiced a procedure for learning how to spell words.

Student Target: I'll understand the meaning of select terms we use in English class.
Today I’ll study two vocabulary words: genre and novel. I should have two pink vocabulary sheets -- each at least partially filled out -- in my English binder.

Student Target: I'll prepare for the Utah State CORE test by mastering knowledge and skills that will help me succeed in junior high and high school.
Today I’ll honestly do my best on a pretest of 7th Grade CORE knowledge and skills.