Monday, January 15, 2018

Prepositions



These nine prepositions do 92% of the work of prepositions:
(Memorize them.)
Prepositions

Examples

at 
by
for
from 
in
of 
on
to
with


He works at Walmart.
I live by a river.
She is hunting for elk.
The book came from England.
I found a pencil in my backpack.
Jim had a bag of chips.
Don’t climb on the table.
My friends and I walked to the game.
Susy went with Jane.

Some Common Prepositions

aboard
about           
above
according to
across
after                       
against           
along
along with
amid
among
around
aside from
as of
at

because of
before
behind
below
beneath
beside
besides
between
beyond
but (except)
by


down
during

except

for
from

in
in addition to
in front of
inside
in spite of
instead of
into

like

near
next to

of
off
on
on account of
out
out of                       
over

past

since

through
throughout
to
toward

under
underneath
until
unto
up
upon

with
within
without

-->