Friday, November 19, 2010

November 22, 2010

Bell-Ringer: Paragraph Packet, page 11


Spelling: Receive handout for the suffix -ate.  See the tab above for Spelling to get the information now for Test #4.

A2 took the test on extra-.

Reading Minute:
A1-  Magyk by Angie Sage
A2- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
       Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
A3- none
A4- none


The Giver:
Chapter 3 +  Reading Groups and Questions, SSR (symbolic story representation)
A1 finished chapter 3
A2 just got started working in groups
A3 finished 3 and well into 4
A4  finished 3 --some into 4.


Extra Credit:  If you begin your statement with the two words, “If I”, nine times out of ten, your next word should be what?  

Here is the answer:  Your next word should be “were” not “was.” Example: “If I were wealthy, I’d be happy.” As long as what comes after the “If I” statement is untrue (I’m not wealthy), which in fancyspeak is in the subjunctive mood, you want “were.”  from Brian P. Cleary 
Explain this to me for extra credit.