Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Announcements and Reminders:
  •    The deadline for all late work and extra credit is December 19.
  •    If you haven't yet signed up for your December book -- fantasy or science fiction -- sign up as soon as possible.   The project is due by January  6. 

1.iRead: Individual Reading

2. iWrite:  In your composition book, under Notes and QuickWrites, answer this prompt: 
Have you ever felt like an outsider?  Tell about it. If not, tell about a time you observed someone else being treated like an outsider.
Write a paragraph (or more if you wish) with a topic sentence, supporting details, and a conclusion.
(Sample conclusion: "Because I've felt like an outsider, I can understand other people who feel as if they are outsiders.")

Write in first person -- using I, me, my.

3. Receive book assignment -- December Book Assignment.docx

Lists: Fantasy and Science Fiction Novels


4. Composition Book Check

5 (if time) The Outsiders -- character, reliable narrator?

Question:  Can we always believe what a narrator (the person telling the story) tells us?  Why or why not? 

       unreliable narrator --------------------------------- reliable narrator


B5:  Page 16 "I rubbed my cheek. . . . " to page 20 "We all had the money to get in."
B6: Page 21  Top "I wouldn't have felt. . . "  to page 22  "Then I waited for the. . . "
B7: Page 17   "When I finished the chapter I was on, I did." to page 20 "We crossed Sutton. . . 
A1:  Page 13  "Soda was glaring at him."