Monday, March 22, 2010

American Fork Library

I just found out that the American Fork Library has a Mother-Daughter book club.  Find out more about it at http://aflibrarybookclubparty.blogspot.com/

Junior high students also might be interested in their Teen Thing Events and other services for young adults, including a YA summer reading program.  See http://afcity.org/Departments/Library/YoungAdult/tabid/344/Default.aspx

I belong to an online teen book club I signed up for through the A.F. Library.  Every weekday I receive in my email about a 5 minute segment of a book written for teens.  After five segments of a book (about 25 pages), the service begins another book.  This gives me the chance to sample many books and find out for each if I'd like to read more.

If you live outside the bounds of A.F. City Libary and have to pay to use it (which I did for many years), you could alternately pay about the same amount for access to the Provo and Orem libraries.  This works if you frequently visit those cities.